The Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) Youth Forum will take place from 25 to 27 April 2023 in a hybrid format.
The Forum provides a platform for young people to engage in a dialogue with Member States and other actors to voice their views, concerns and galvanize actions on how to transform the world into a fairer, greener and more sustainable place guided by the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
The Youth Forum will address the theme of ECOSOC and the 2023 UN High-level Political Forum on sustainable development (HLPF) on “Accelerating the recovery from the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and the full implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development at levels”. It will also review progress in the areas of clean water and sanitation (SDG 6), affordable and clean energy (SDG 7), industry, innovation and infrastructure (SDG 9), sustainable cities and communities (SDG 11), and partnerships for the goals (SDG17).
The Youth Forum will also gather young people to share their recommendations and innovative ideas in preparation of the SDG Summit, to be held under the auspices of the General Assembly, in September 2023. It will also aim to complement other intergovernmental meetings, such as the upcoming UN Water Conference (March 2023), the Midterm Review of the Sendai Framework (May 2023) and the second part of the LDC-5 Conference (March 2023).
Requirements For The The UN Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) Youth Forum
- The 2023 Economic and Social Council Youth Forum is convened by the President of ECOSOC and co-organized by the Department of Economic and Social Affairs (DESA), and the Office of the Secretary General’s Envoy on Youth, in collaboration with the United Nations Inter Agency Network on Youth Development (IANYD), and co-convened by the Major Group for Children and Youth (MGCY) and the International Coordination Meeting of Youth Organizations (ICMYO), with technical inputs from youth-led and youth-focused organizations relevant to the theme of the forum.
- Youth leaders from around the world will have the opportunity to engage with government representatives, youth delegates, policymakers and other relevant stakeholders in civil society and the private sector.
- The three-day event will feature plenary sessions as well as interactive thematic and regionally based discussions. Young people are invited to share best practices, lessons learned, solutions as well as creative and innovative ideas with Member States, other youth participants and stakeholders on the implementation of the 2030 Agenda and on the sustainable development goals under review in the Economic and Social Council and the High-level Political Forum in July 2023. They will also have the opportunity to contribute to the preparatory process of the SDG Summit on 27 April 2023.
- Side events will take place virtually and in-person from 25 to 27 April 2023.
- Participants of the Youth Forum will include: – – – – – – High-level Government representatives, including Ministers of Youth and other Ministries responsible for the coordination of the implementation of the 2030 Agenda and the Youth Strategy at national level; High-level representatives of national youth institutions and representatives of National Youth Councils; Official country youth delegates;
- Representatives of regional and multilateral organizations; Youth-led and youth-focused entities, organizations, and groups from all regions, in particular those representing marginalized and vulnerable young people; and Youth organizations and representatives working at the grassroots, national, regional and international levels.
- The outcome of the Forum will be an informal summary of the proceedings by the President of ECOSOC, a document capturing key messages and findings of the different sessions and a Presidential Statement as inputs to the High-level Political Forum, the High-level Segment of the Council in July 2023 and the SDG Summit under the auspices of the General Assembly in September 2023.
Formulaire d’inscription – Français
For More Information: