The University of Alicante Sub-Saharan Africa Women Researchers Programme promoted by the Office of the Vice President for International Relations and Development Cooperation of the University of Alicante, in collaboration with the Ministry of Participation, Transparency, Cooperation and Democratic Quality, of the Valencian Government. The grants are aimed at women researchers in the predoctoral or postdoctoral stage who, being nationals of one of the countries established in this call, need to complete their training by carrying out short-term research stays at the UA. for the development of their doctoral thesis or research.
Requirements For The University of Alicante Sub-Saharan Africa Women Researchers Programme.
a) They must come from Sub-Saharan African countries established in the following list: https://unstats.un.org/unsd/methodology/m49/ and Sudan. (see ‘Geographic Regions’ Sub-Saharan Africa)
b) Not receive another grant of similar nature to carry out a stay at the UA in the requested period.
c) Carry out the activity object of the grant within the period established in this call.
d) Not incur in any of the circumstances included in article 13.2 of Law 38/2003, of General Subsidies.
e) Not having a residence permit in Spain, except for studies
On a specific basis:
Doctorate and postgraduate short stays:
a) Have citizenship of one of the African countries established in this call.
b) Being enrolled in a doctorate/postgraduate programme at a university of one of the African countries established on these rules.
c) Having previously obtained the acceptance of a research group from the University of Alicante.
Post-doctorate short stays:
d) Have citizenship of one of the African countries established in this call.
e) Be in possession of the academic degree of Doctor.
f) Having previously obtained the acceptance of a research group from the University of Alicante
The amount of the grant will be distributed as follows, according to the duration of the stay:
- 1-month stay: 2.000 € (if travelling from Spain)
- 1-month stay: 2.500 € (if travelling from Africa)
- 2-month stay: 3.500 €
- 3-month stay: 4.500 €
- Applications may be submitted from the day after its publication in the Official Bulletin of the University of Alicante (BOUA), until 24 hours (Spanish time zone) on February 28th, 2023, inclusive.
Applications will be submitted through the online application form available on the web: https://sri.ua.es/en/cooperacion/convocatorias/m-africa/women-researchers-sub-saharan.html
Documentation to present, in independent documents and in pdf format:
- a) Curriculum vitae
- b) Passport, NIE or identification document from your country of origin
- c) Doctor’s, Master’s or Bachelor’s degree, as appropriate, accrediting the level of studies
- d) Accreditation of the publications completed
- e) Acceptance letter from the research group of the University of Alicante
- f) Any document that proves the merits claimed in the form.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage
Application Deadline: February 28th, 2023