The Internship Program for Africans 2023 of the African Union Commission.
The African Union Commission Internship Program allows interns to supplement their school experience while also developing their professional abilities and expertise. The AU internship program is a full-time commitment that allows qualified individuals from a variety of academic backgrounds to get professional experience at the AU. AUC encourages all qualified persons to apply as an organization that values diversity and teamwork. Candidates should be enthusiastic about the work of the AU and be able to interact with people of many cultural origins and beliefs.
The African Union Commission Internship Program attempts to familiarize participants with the AU’s operations at an early stage.
of their professional career and strengthen their personal and professional skills. It provides an avenue for participants to gain hands-on experience in various applicable fields, while learning in an intercultural environment. The AU will further gain support from participants who possess adequate knowledge and skills in relevant areas and serve as a potential grooming ground for future African Leaders.
Focus Area For The African Union Commission Internship Program.
In general, interns assist in providing administrative and technical support for effective implementation of African Union programmes, projects and activities in its below Department/Directorates:
– Cabinet of the Deputy Chairperson
– Agriculture, Rural Development, Blue Economy and Sustainable Environment (ARBE)
– Economic Development, Trade, Industry, Mining (ETIM)
– Education, Science, Technology and Innovation (ESTI)
– Infrastructure and Energy (IE)
– Political Affairs, Peace and Security (PAPS)
– Health, Humanitarian Affairs and Social Development (HHS)
– Human Resources Management (HRM)
– Operations Support Services
– Management Information Systems Division
– Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
– Conference Management and Publications (CMP)
– Office for Safety and Security Services
– Citizens and Diaspora (CIDO)
– Medical and Health Services
– Financial Control Unit
– Office of Strategic Planning and Delivery
– Office of Internal Oversight (OIO)
– Quality Assurance and Control
– Ethics, Integrity and Standards
– Office of the Secretary to the Commission
– Office of the Legal Counsel (OLC)
– Office of Protocol
– Partnership and Resource Mobilization
– Women, Gender and Youth (WGY)
– Information and Communication
– Peace Fund Secretariat
– New Partnership for Africa’s Development (NEPAD)
Eligibility Requirements For The The African Union Commission Internship Program for Africans.
• Actively enrolled in at least the final year of a Bachelor’s degree program OR
• Must have obtained a Bachelor’s degree or an advanced/ post graduate (Masters) qualification in a related academic field;
• Be nationals of a Member State of the African Union.
• Be full time students currently enrolled in the final year of their Bachelors or graduate school program.
• Be fluent in at least one of the African Union working languages (Arabic, English, French or Portuguese).
• Be no more than thirty-two (32) years of age at the time of selection.
• Possess the highest standard of moral conduct and integrity.
• Have not been convicted of any serious criminal offence excluding minor traffic offences.
• Prior work experience is not required for the internship positions.
Terms and Conditions
• The AU will have no financial obligation towards interns – travel arrangements and cost of accommodation and living expenses will be the responsibility of the interns.
• AU will use reasonable efforts to assist the interns in obtaining their entry and residence visas.
• Interns will not be entitled to any compensation for travel.
• The internship will be authorized only once for three (3) month renewable one time for any candidate
• Interns are not entitled to medical travel or medical evacuation to and from the internship location at the expenses of the Commission. Interns shall therefore have an individual insurance coverage throughout the duration of the internship.
• Proficient computer skills (MS Word, Excel and Power Point)
• Proficiency with e-mail and internet applications,
• Good interpersonal skills
• Ability to communicate both orally and in writing
• Proficiency in one of the AU officials working languages (French, English, Portuguese, Arabic, Spanish, Kiswahili) and fluency in another AU language(s) is an added advantage
• Ability to communicate clearly
• Ability to write clearly and concisely
• Be committed to work
• Ability to work harmoniously in a multi-cultural environment
• Possess the highest standard of moral conduct and integrity
Application for admission to the AU Internship Program are submitted online.
If you are a first-time user of our online registration system, you will need to register before you can log in. You are advised to provide as much relevant information as possible.
Applicants must submit the following supporting documents with their online application:
• A motivation letter indicating what they expect to gain out of the internship program
• A copy of valid passport or national identity card
• Certified copies of relevant academic certificates
• Current curriculum vitae (CV)
• Recommendation letter for internship from the institution of learning that they are attending
• Upon successful submission of their application, applicants will receive an email confirmation that their application has been successfully received.
For More Information:
Application Deadline: 30th June 2023.