Ogun Man Arrested By Police For Lighting Up Ex-Lover’s Apartment

Posted by

Hassan Yusuf, 43, was detained by agents of the Ogun State Police Command for allegedly setting Busayo Falola’s apartment on fire.

According to reports, the suspect set fire to the entire structure at 127 Old Schorlar Palace Igan Road Ago-Iwoye in the state’s Ijebu-North Local Government Area in protest of his ex-lover’s refusal to make amends.

This information was released in a statement on Saturday by SP Abimbola Oyeyemi, the state’s police public relations officer.

According to Oyeyemi, the suspect was detained after the 62-year-old landlady of the residence, Adejoke Salau, filed a report at the Ago Iwoye divisional headquarters.

The PPRO stated that the landlady claimed she heard a noise coming from one of her buildings inside her compound at around 1:15 am on Tuesday, and when she went outside she found the building was on fire with the tenants in the house trapped inside.

He continued, “She said further that it was a quick neighbor rescue that saved the three tenants, but the house completely burned.

“After receiving the report, CSP Noah Adekanye, the DPO for Ago Iwoye, led his men to the scene, where the residents of the house were invited to the station for questioning in order to determine the likely cause of the inferno.

“During questioning, one of the tenants, Falola Busayo, told the police that she had seen her ex-lover Yusuf Hassan at the back of her window at around 12:30 am on the fateful day.

She continued, “She said she was scared to see him at that hour, which made her scream and run out of her room to the room of another tenant.

READ ALSO:  Naira Marley and Sam Larry Have Been Placed On 21-Day Contingent Remand

“This prompted the other tenants to come outside to see what Yusuf was up to, but when they did, they were shocked to see flames coming from Busayo’s room.

“As a result of the information, Yusuf Hassan was sought out and eventually captured.

“At first, he denied having any knowledge of the incident, but when the DPO instructed detectives to visit his home to determine whether he was present at the time of the incident, he made a change of heart and admitted to having set the house on fire.

He admitted that he planned to set fire to his ex-girlfriend in her own apartment because he had done everything in his power to make amends with her. For that reason, he purchased N500 worth of gasoline, poured it into her room through the window, and set it on fire. “.

But according to Oyeyemi, State Criminal Investigation Departments have been tasked with transferring the suspect for further investigation and potential legal action after receiving a directive from Police Commissioner Frank Mba.

Leave a Reply