Last updated on October 3rd, 2021 at 02:27 am
Today October 1st marks Nigeria’s Independence day celebration, a Jubilee that marks the 61st year the West African country got its Independence from Britain, counting from the end of the colonial era.
Greetings from all of us at FroshNaija, we say Happy Independence Day and God bless Nigeria! FroshNaija recalls Nigeria independently built her own country and government after regaining freedom from the British in 1960. Germany also fought for this power but the British were victorious. Even though some European customs still existed in the country, the call for Nigerian independence, which took place in the middle of the 20th century, strengthened Nigerians as a separate nation, not a foreign colony.
Nigeria received the status of a ‘federal republic’ and adopted its constitution in 1963. At that time, Nnamdi Azikiwe became the first president.
Check out some Happy Independence Day Messages and Quotes below;
- Freedom is the most precious thing in every human’s life. No one has a right to take it away, and we need to do everything to protect our society from cruelty and violence. Happy Independence Day!
- “Freedom is never dear at any price. It is the breath of life. What would a man not pay for living?” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.” – John F. Kennedy
- “May the sun in his course visit no land freer, more happy, more lovely, than this our country!” – Sardar Bhagat Singh
- “If yet your blood does not rage, then it is water that flows in your veins. For what is the flush of youth, if it is not of service to the motherland.” – Chandra Shekhar Azad
- “One individual may die for an idea, but that idea will, after his death, incarnate itself in a thousand lives.” -Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose
- “The shots that hit me are the last nails to the coffin of the British rule in India.” – Lala Lajpat Rai
- “Our aim may be as high as the endless sky, but we should have a resolve in our minds to walk ahead, hand-in-hand, for victory will be ours.” – Atal Bihari Vajpayee
- “Let new India arise out of peasants’ cottage, grasping the plough, out of huts, cobbler and sweeper.” – Swami Vivekananda
Nigeria Independence Day Images
Let us honour every patriot, because, without them, freedom would not have existed. What they did, we can never repay. Happy Independence Day!
My love for my nation is worthiness. My love for my people is endless. All I desire for my country is happiness. Let me be the first person to wish you a special happy Independence Day!
It’s been more than two centuries since our grandparents won our first and most crucial battle, but we still can feel the taste of freedom and independence. It is something we will cherish until the end. Happy Independence Day!
Happy Independence Day to you all from all of us at FroshNaija!