Applications to universities in Nigeria, Senegal, and Cape Verde are now being accepted. The EU-ECOWAS Masters Scholarship program offers scholarships for master’s degrees in the sustainable energy sector at specialized universities in West Africa (Cape Verde, Cote d’Ivoire, Ghana, Nigeria, Senegal, and Togo) to eligible students from ECOWAS member countries involved in the energy sector.
The British Council EU-ECOWAS Masters Scholarships Programme aims to improve access to high-quality training in the sustainable energy sector in West Africa by enabling university graduates in ECOWAS member countries with a focus on young professionals (English, French, and Portuguese speaking) to acquire the profile required to meet the growing demand for specialists at the highest level in the field of sustainable energy and to promote good governance.
Eligibility Criteria For The British Council EU-ECOWAS Masters Scholarships Programme
To be eligible, you must;
- Be nationals of a member state of ECOWAS or Mauritania and being resident in ECOWAS’ region or Mauritania?
- Have at least a bachelor’s degree with First Class or Second Class (Upper Division)?
- Have undertaken studies at least at bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, energy and environment (including renewable energy and energy efficiency), law, economics, finance and planning as deemed by the entry requirements of the chosen university
- Work experience in the energy sector in West Africa will be an added advantage?
- Hold (at least) provisional admission into an approved course of study at the time of scholarship approval
- Scholarship is open to working and non-working candidates. Working candidates are required to provide letter of release from their employer to complete the course for the duration of the programme
- Commitment to publish at least 1 practice-oriented research before the end of the programme
- Commitment to start internships within the course of study.
Eligible Countries: ECOWAS Countries
To be Taken at (Country): Cape Verde, Nigeria, Senegal
School to Study: Obafemi Awolowo University, Universidade de Cabo Verde, Universite Cheikh Anta Diop (UCAD), University of Nigeria Nsukka
Number of Awards: Not Mentioned
Value of Award: The two types of scholarships available on the programme are:
Scholars are selected to complete their master’s program in higher education institutions located outside their country of residence. The scholarship will provide funding for tuition, subsistence, travel, research grant, insurance and visa.
Scholars are selected to complete their master’s program in higher education institutions located in their country of residence. The scholarship will take care of scholars’ tuition and research grant. A small stipend to contribute towards travel and subsistence will also be provided.
Method of Application: Interested and qualified? Go to British Council on forms.office.com to apply
For more information, please contact email@example.com
Application Deadline: February 10, 2023