The Allison Taylor Single Mum Scholarship was developed to honour the memory of Allison Taylor, a devoted mother, loving grandmother, admired friend and adored colleague to many at Curtin University. As a single mum, Allison was a passionate advocate for women, who believed in the power of education to enrich the mind and embolden the heart.
In 2010, Curtin dropped the “of Technology” suffix, from then operating as “Curtin University”.
This scholarship will support a first year, single mum on her higher education journey.
Eligibility Criteria For The Allison Taylor Single Mum Scholarship:
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible to apply for the Allison Taylor Single Mum Scholarship:
- Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, Australian Permanent Humanitarian, New Zealand Citizen or International student
- Single Mum
- Enrolled full-time (100 credits) or part-time (50 credits) in the first year of an undergraduate degree at Curtin University
- Have a minimum course weighted average (CWA) of 65 (if applicable)
- Must have dependents they are raising whilst seeking their degree.
Eligible Countries: International
Value of Awards: The Allison Taylor Single Mum Scholarship will provide the following support for a maximum of 3 years (based on a full-time study load of 100 credits per semester):
- A cash stipend of $2,000 per semester. The recipients can use the funding at their discretion to contribute towards educational related expenses.
Number of Awards: Not Mentioned
Method of Application: APPLY HERE
Application Deadline: March 8, 2023.